How to do a Pedicure at Home:10 Easy Steps
Shower yourself with a “nail spar treatment” at home. You don’t need to go out and pay a large amount of bucks at a nail spar. The nail spar will come to your home. You can learn how to do a pedicure at home yourself. Get this pedicure at least once a month and then change your pedicure nail polish weekly in order for your feet and nails to stay fresh. Don’t neglect your feet like other people who only concentrate on their hands-manicures .
Before you can starting your at home pedicure, make sure you scrub your feet at home thus making it soft and fresh for that at home pedicure. I have written an article about how to scrub your feet here.
How to do Pedicure at Home:10 Easy steps
Things You’ll Need
· Nail polish
· Pedicure tub or A tub full of water
· Nail file and clippers
· Pumice Stone
· Moisturizer ,bath salts,soap,oils, scrub and mask
· Acetone nail polish remover and Cotton balls
· Cuticle softener, pusher, trimmer
1. If you have a pedicure tub, get it ready.
– Fill the tub up with warm water. Otherwise if you do not have a pedicure tub you can use a basin.
– Collect all your needed utensils such as bath salts or mild soap, pumice, moisturizer etc.
– If you are like me, you like sweet scents; you can go ahead and add scented oil.
– If you do not have special salts you can fill the tub with warm soapy water.
– There are different kinds of oils such as lavender , lemon, strawberry etc. Get your pedicure tub at amazon.com for only $122. Go all the way just like the way they do it at the nail studio.
2. Remove any existing nail polish using acetone nail remover and cotton balls. Get it from a local grocery store, pharmacy or online at amazon.com,walgreens.com or walmart.com.
3. Before cutting your nails, soak both your feet in warm soapy water to soften them as this makes it easier to cut.
4. Soak both of your feet in warm water for 5 to 10 minutes.
5. Use foot scrub to exfoliate the feet, apply foot mask, file the heels of your feet with a pumice stone and scrub legs and heels.
6. Take one foot out at a time and wipe around each nail with a dry clean towel. Add cuticle eliminator and callus eliminator if necessary.
7. Trim your nails straight across and file them using a nail file. Make sure you do not to cut them a length too short.
8. Wipe your clean and soft toes with acetone nail polish remover to remove any excess oil.
9. Gather your nail polishes. Apply base coat first. When it is dry, apply one coat of your selected nail polish. Leave it to dry. Apply another coat; leave it to dry as well . Apply a top coat which is the clear nail polish.
10. If you want you can decorate with nail art. I will be back with different nail art for pedicure. I will start by teaching you simple ones first and then you will notice that it is very easy to do a pedicure at home yourself.
I assume you already have most of the stuff needed at home but if not remember all the beauty products for learning how to do a pedicure at home are purchased at beauty stores, pharmacies and local grocery stores near you or online at Amazon.com, www.smashbox.com, www.Maccosmeticscom, www.MaryKay.com, and Ebay.com.